Career Opportunities at Acordex
|Acordex offers a friendly, collaborative work environment. You're always welcome to walk into the office of the president or sit down with a senior engineer.||
|We hold the value of family commitments in high regard, offering flexibility in hours or schedules to accommodate a healthy balance between life and work. We work hard and get a lot done every day.||
|You will be part of a team that is out-innovating established competitors who are a fifty times our size. We have a small and very talented professional staff that you will find either stimulating or entertaining, depending on how the day is going, but never dull.||
|It is very important to us to have an environment where all of us actually look forward to coming to work every day. No office politics. No long boring meetings. This is a truly great place to work.||
|A quote from a customer best describes how highly regarded our staff is. "One thing is for sure that Acordex’s team has been proactive in providing us the necessary support. Special shout out to Chris for helping us get through yesterday’s debacle! I am taking time out to thank each one of you for your continued dedication and support."||
Our Product Focus
|Our product focus is cross-platform imaging software and mobile software for trucking companies and state Vital Records departments. This includes imaging software to drive scanners, view images, manage and share documents and interface to a wide variety of third-party software.||
Imaging and Mobile
|Our mobile software products are very far from just another social network fad or game. We are creating tablet apps that are an integral part of a large, complex software environment that is literally indispensable to our customers' business operation. If our software goes down, their business is crippled.||
Software That Delivers
|Much of our success can be attributed to early recognition of the potential that new technologies offer. Right now, that means new software development leveraging the compute power of mobile tablets to provide a seamless connection between the user on the road and the wide variety of systems he or she needs to communicate with.||
Impact someone else's work day, literally all day, every day!
June 21, 2022
Director of Marketing
Skills & Requirements
- Five to ten years work with a high-tech company that provides enterprise-level software and/or hardware solutions. By "enterprise-level", we mean typical software subscriptions for an average customer should be roughly in the $10K to $200K area per year.
- Preferred but not required: experience with products that address the transportation and trucking business, ideally including experience with customers in LTL, TL, OTR, Linehaul, or other common carrier businesses.
- Strong marketing experience. Excellent communication skills. Experience making formal, persuasive presentations.
- Direct customer contact, both pre-sale and sustained strong relationships.
- Experience in a management position. Aptitude and desire to be a key decision maker and driving force within our company.
- Enthusiasm for working in a small company environment.
- Competitive Analysis and Pricing
- Compare our products to other similar products in the market. Create and maintain comparison information on where our products are stronger than the competitors' products.
- Similarly, maintain information on competitors' services, responsiveness, software robustness.
- Gather pricing information on competitor's products.
- Establish how our products and services should be bundled together or split-out into separate options. Set prices commensurate with their value to the customer and the market. Assess whether products are profitable at the established prices.
- Marketing Comms
- Generate demonstration scripts or stories, informed by the above comparisons, that show prospective customers how their day with Acordex products and services will be much more efficient and enjoyable.
- Create Application Notes that explain "best practices" for how to use Acordex software to solve real world problems and achieve goals.
- Create first hand, real-world success stories and product data sheets.
- Update style and content of the Acordex web site.
- Create a periodic Newsletter email about new features.
- Attend trade shows or user conferences; maintain booth or other show materials.
- Partner Building
- Sustain strong partnership relationships with the principals of other software companies that we work with. Share leads, set commissions in both directions if applicable, negotiate Agreements.
- Initiate contacts with appropriate companies in our market space, to add to our list of partnerships (cameras, trailer temperature control, TMS, shop management).
- Leverage partner relationships to increase their customer base's awareness of Acordex products.
- Management to Management Relationships
- Hold annual top level strategy meetings (virtual or in person) with the management of some of our key customers; other Acordex management will do the the same with other customers.
- Hold top level strategy meetings less often for smaller customers.
- Create the action plan for items identified in the strategy meetings. Collaborate on setting the priority of that plan, folded in with other engineering tasks. Communicate expectations to customers on what tasks will be completed on what timeline.
- Review first hand how Acordex products and reports are working for the customer. How accurate are reports in the real world of flawed user data? How can our customers make management decisions based on the data and analysis that we provide?
Additional Opportunities and Advancement
Dependent on interests and level of previous experience, Acordex can offer advancement to optionally take on these job functions within a short time after joining Acordex:
- Executive Responsibilities
- Decide when to hire staff and who is needed. Decide when to dismiss staff who are not performing and drive the exit process.
- Work with our HR consultant to recruit, manage the interview/job offer process, establish salaries, drive the annual review process, make personnel policy decisions.
- General management, such as what to do with our office and infrastructure.
- Guide and approve advice from our lawyer, HR consultant, insurance consultant, CPA. Find new consultants if any of these retire or no longer meet our needs.
- Mission and Strategy
- Use our internal database for profitability assessments that inform expansion (or curtailment) of specific products and services.
- Set the strategic direction of our products and our company.
This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for the right person!
Applications Engineer, Software Products
Skills & Requirements
Does this describe you?
- Your college degree is not in engineering, but you find computer systems fascinating. Given the opportunity, you would look forward to time spent learning about a complex software system.
- You enjoy communicating with other people because you’re good at it. You are brilliant at listening and understanding requirements that someone expresses. You would be skillful at conveying how our software could meet those requirements.
- You have excellent references!
This is a small company opportunity, which means that you will not be doing the same thing everyday. Over time, your responsibilities will increase to include many of these tasks: demonstrating software, presenting, writing proposals, creating data sheets and web content, researching the competition, setting our prices, working with partner companies, learning domain knowledge in two verticals, trucking and vital records. You will work closely with software engineers and customer support staff. There is opportunity to advance into a variety of other responsibilities to match your talents.
We do not have a canned product to sell, but rather have a rich set of tools that can make people’s workday more enjoyable and make an organization more productive. We ensure customer satisfaction because we take time at the beginning to understand what each customer needs. Then your detailed knowledge of our software ensures that the system we install meets the needs of the customer. A direct outcome of our process is great referrals to new customers, which is the principal engine of our success.
This job can be as technical as you are, with many optional opportunities, tailored to your strengths. You will have the opportunity to create data sheets and web content, using professional image editors, page layout and video editing tools. Software customization is common, and you will have the opportunity to write custom software reports. You will have opportunity to quantify and analyze the impact our products have on our customer's efficiency. You will have the opportunity to reconfigure systems to show how our software performs the exact tasks a customer needs.
This is a full-time, permanent, on-site position at Acordex Imaging + Mobile, in North Andover, MA, during normal business hours.
This is key position in a collaborative, entrepreneurial, small company environment with unlimited potential to grow. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who works hard and wants to be noticed, because your performance will have an immediate and obvious impact on our revenue stream.
Customer Support Engineer
Skills & Requirements
Previous experience in similar positions is important, but we also place an equal value on personal strengths like honesty, intelligence, effective communication and a desire to help us all succeed. The decisions you make every day will have a direct impact on our company! We need someone who wants to take responsibility and solve complex problems.
BS degree is expected, but not necessarily in a computer related major. Your starting salary will be influenced by your experience level in computer systems support, failure diagnosis and correction, Internet-related protocols, and complex systems integration.
- Installation - understand the customer's requirements and configure the system's options accordingly.
- Training - get new customers confident and excited about their new system.
- Maintenance - diagnose and correct failures in the system, handling both hardware and software issues.
- Interpersonal skills - you are Acordex in the eyes of our customer. Earning the customer's respect and confidence is key.
You will have far more independence, flexibility and responsibility than you would working for some big company. This is a position for someone who is proud of their work and wants to be noticed. A direct outcome of our highly regarded customer support is great referrals to new customers, which is the principal engine of our success.
This is a full-time, permanent, on-site position at Acordex Imaging + Mobile, in North Andover, MA.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your response to this posting will be completely confidential.